This is a reminder to register as soon as possible for the Professional Certificate in Investment and International Trade, which will take place via Zoom on the 7th – 11th June 2021 as ICPS now has the last place available.
As funding has been allocated to this programme, a number of part-sponsored bursary places are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please contact ICPS immediately if you wish to participate in the programme but are unable to cover the full fees.
- Introduction to FDI
- The history of investment attraction
- Mega trends affecting the investment landscape
- Investment as a driver of development and growth
- Developing FDI strategies- including competing for investment, destination marketing, handling investor enquiries, company targeting and lead generation, proposition development and retaining FDI
- Measuring the impact of interventions to attract FDI
- Organisational design of investment promotion agencies
- Introduction to international trade
- Global trends in trade
- Trade policy and the world framework for international trade
- Working with stakeholders
- The rise of protectionism
- Free, fair and ethical trade strategies
- The evidence base for exporting
- Developing strategies for trade development and trade promotion – including capacity building, design of services, charging policy and decisions on sector and market focus
- Best practice examples from Trade Promotion Organisations
- The interface between trade policy and trade promotion
- Measuring the impact of interventions to promote trade
- Organisational design for Trade Promotion Organisations
- Action planning
Please do not hesitate to contact International Centre for Parliamentary Studies (ICPS) directly should you require additional information, or if you wish to register, on +44 20 3137 8648, or at email@example.com.
Do feel free to share this information with interested colleagues. ICPS looks forward to hearing from you soon.